Social Media Marketing
Professional Development Certificate
Jobs & Internships
- Paid Social Media Intern for African-American Shakespeare Company
- Unpaid Social Media Intern with Milo Records New Orleans
- Unpaid Social Media Marketing Internship for SubArt
- Unpaid Social Media Intern for Documentary Film
- Paid Social Media Intern for Documentary Film
- Social Media Marketing Tutor
- Digital Marketing Internship
- Social Media Internship
The Social Media Marketing (SMM) program is designed to provide participants with a foundation and skill set in social media marketing, so they can develop successful social media marketing strategies and implement effective and engaging social media marketing campaigns. Participants will be able to immediately apply their newly-learned skills both to workplace and personal endeavors, and build networks for future collaboration.
Topics covered include:
- Integrating social media with other marketing efforts
- Basic and advanced applications of social media tools
- How to develop an effective social media marketing strategy
- Public relations in the 21st century
- The impact of mobile devices on social and local marketing
- How social impacts search and search impacts social
- Return on influence and measuring social media metrics
- Creating and executing impactful social media campaigns
- Real-world case studies on the effective use of social media within business-to-business and business-to-consumer settings
Who Should Attend?
The program is for you if you:
- Work in a marketing role and want to expand your knowledge and skillset to include the latest in social media marketing
- Now have social media marketing responsibilities as part of your job
- Want to incorporate social media marketing into your future career plans
- Want to learn more about social media marketing for personal and/or networking purposes
- Would like to build and expand your resume
- Seek a certificate in social media marketing
Courses may be taken independently or for a certificate of completion.
"In the nine short years since Mark Zuckerberg launched thefacebook.com, social media has evolved from dorm room toy to boardroom tool. Last year, 73 percent of Fortune 500 companies were active on Twitter, while more than 80 percent of executives believed social media engagement led to increased sales."
- Ryan Holmes, CEO of HootSuite in a guest post written for Forbes, "5 Ways Social Media Will Change the Way You Work in 2013"
Social Media Marketing Intensive
Get up to speed quickly on the latest in Social Media Marketing! Sign up for the Social Media Marketing Three-Day Intensive. Ideal for local and out-of-town professionals.