Social Work { College of Extended Learning }

Image: Post-Masters Pupil Personnel Services Credential Program (PPSC) classes at SF State

Social Work:
Post-Masters Pupil Personnel Services Credential Program (PPSC)

Summer 2015 Registration Starts April 21.

The School of Social Work is offering a PPSC in social work to support the counseling and mental health needs of students in our public schools, as mandated and funded by the California Legislature.

Summer 2015 Courses:

  • SW 865 01Z - Social Work Practice in School Settings
    • Class number: 2453
    • Dates: June 8 - July 23, 2015
    • Days: Mondays and Wednesdays
    • Time: 6:00pm - 9:15pm
    • Location: HSS 285
    • Course Fee: $1185

  • SW 760 01Z - Social Work & the Law
    • Class Number: 2454
    • Dates: June 8 - July 23, 2015
    • Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays
    • Time: 6:00pm - 9:15pm
    • Location: HSS 287
    • Course Fee: $1185

PPSC Social Work Program: Two-Step Application Process

1) All applicants must apply formally to SF State through the Division of Graduate Studies online through CSU Mentor. Graduate Admissions will collect copies of all official transcripts from each college or institution attended by an applicant and review the application for minimum university admission criteria for graduate study. The department will recommend students for admissions and notify Graduate Studies. Graduate Studies will send formal notice of admission to all newly admitted students and where Master's degree is in progress, will require final official transcript with proof of degree. (Fee=$55). For questions about the CSU Mentor application, please contact:

Phone: 415.338.2234

2) Complete the SF State School of Social Work Application (PDF) which also requires an official copy of your MSW transcript. For all questions concerning part 2 of the application process, please contact Christina Feliciana, PPSC Social Work Program Coordinator at

Field Work

There is a field work requirement of a minimum of 450 internship hours supervised by a field instructor with a PPSC.


If you have an MSW from an accredited university and would like to hear more about earning the credential that makes you eligible to deliver social work services in schools, please contact Christina Feliciana at

To learn more about the program, please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

SF State Home