School Psychology Credential Internship
In cooperation with the College of Extended Learning, the SF State department of psychology offers a one-year, 24-unit program leading to the State Pupil Personnel Services Credential with an emphasis in school psychology.
This program is offered during the fall & spring semesters only.
To be admitted to the program, individuals must demonstrate the following prerequisites:
- possess a master of science degree in psychology with a concentration in school psychology or a related master's or doctorate degrees
- have completed a minimum of 720 hours of school-related experience supervised by a credentialed school psychologist
- comply with all standards of the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) and the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), including knowledge of growth and development, socio-cultural competence, biological bases of behavior, assessment, clinical intervention, comprehensive prevention and early intervention, consultation services, family school collaboration, school safety and violence prevention, learning theory and psychological foundations, legal and ethical standards, professional collaboration and coordination of services, instructional design, emergent technologies, the organization and operation of schools, models for the delivery of school psychology services and the roles and functions of school psychologists.
- skill in cultural diversity competence, individual and group assessment, individual and group intervention, program planning and evaluation, collaborative consultation, wellness promotion, crisis intervention and clinical intervention, utilizing legal aspects, using community resources, research and evaluation methods, statistics and measurement and technology, legal, ethical and professional conduct.
To receive complete information on the program, please contact Tina Perdices, the Psychology Department's PPS Services Coordinator at 415.454.2162, extension 113, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review the Pupil Personnel Service Credential information & application on the Pupil Personnel Service Credential: School Psychology Authorization site.
PPSC Psychology Internship Program: Two Step Application Process
1) All applicants must apply formally to SF State through the Division of Graduate Studies online through CSU Mentor. Graduate Admissions will collect copies of all official transcripts from each college or institution attended by an applicant, review the application for minimum university admission criteria for graduate study. The department will recommend students for admissions and notify Graduate Studies. Graduate Studies will send formal notice of admission to all newly admitted students and where master's degree is in progress, will require final official transcript with proof of degree. (Fee=$55). For questions about the CSU Mentor application, please contact:
*All applicants are required to write their SF State ID# on the application fee check that they submit with part two of the application process. (Applicants who are new to SF State will receive an SF State ID# after applying through CSU Mentor).
2) Complete the PPSC Psychology Internship Application. When submitting the application, be sure to write your SF State ID# on your application fee check. For all questions concerning part 2 of the application process, please contact Tina Perdices, PPSC Internship Program Coordinator.