Paralegal Studies (ABA-Approved)
Academic Credit Certificate
News & Events
ABA-Approved School for Paralegal Studies
San Francisco State University is pleased to announce that the American Bar Association has granted approval to the Paralegal Studies program offered by SF State Extended Learning.
This is the only ABA-approved paralegal studies program in San Francisco.
Recent California legislation defines who may call himself or herself a paralegal and sets forth educational criteria for paralegals. One of the criteria is graduation from a program approved by the American Bar Association. Please refer to the section on New California Legislation on Paralegals.
For more information on the ABA approval, please contact our program coordinator at 415.817.4223.
- PLS 300: Introduction to Law/Civil Procedure
Tuesday, June 9 - August 11, 1:00pm - 4:45pm, plus 1 Saturday TBA
- PLS 320: Legal Research & Writing
Wednesday, June 10 - August 12, 1:00pm - 4:45pm, plus 1 Saturday TBA
- PLS 310: Communication Skills & Legal Ethics
Thursday, June 11 - August 13, 1:00pm - 4:45pm, plus 1 Saturday TBA
Paralegal Education & Training
Paralegal Courses & Certificate
Our school offers a variety of courses in all aspects of paralegal studies. You may select any class that interests you, or follow our comprehensive Paralegal Studies certificate curriculum.
Paralegal Studies Graduate Benefit
Paralegal graduates may audit an elective course of their choice at a 50% registration fee discount. Registration forms must be submitted to Pat Medina for verification. Payment must be made in person at the 6th floor front desk.
- Ryoko Negishi: Hello from Japan — 2014 Graduate
- Victor Ponce Greetings from Atlanta, GA — The value of an ABA Paralegal Certificate
- Golzar Ahmadi: International Student Success at Top Tier Law Firm
- Thomas Nguyen: Graduates Are Finding Jobs outside of the Traditional Law Firm
- Shayla Jackson: Paralegal Classes Lead to Law School Success
- Jennie Schattle: Career Changer with Social Work & Military Background
- Ken Breiten: Law School Is Easy for Our Paralegal Graduate
- Gene O'Brien: Internship Leads to Job for Career Changer
- Silvana Cordon: Graduate finds a new job closer to home