Certificates of Completion:
Fundamental Management Skills and
Nonprofit Leadership & Strategic Management
Nonprofit organizations serve the interests of the community. They comprise an increasingly significant portion of the American economy as an essential element in American civic life, spanning fields as diverse as health care, education, human services, environmental management, criminal justice, and the arts.
The Nonprofit Management Certificate Program provides accessible, relevant and cost-effective management training, filling a well-recognized gap in the nonprofit sector. Topics include board development, financial management, grant writing and integrated marketing communications. Students may take individual courses or take all seven to earn either the Fundamental Management Skills Certificate or the Nonprofit Leadership and Strategic Management Certificate. Courses provide a stimulating and supportive climate for exploring the pressing issues facing current and future nonprofit leaders.
The Certificate of Completion in Fundamental Management Skills provides students with the managerial and analytical tools needed to help prepare them for leadership positions in nonprofit entities.
The Certificate of Completion in Nonprofit Leadership & Strategic Management provides current and future leaders with the strategic leadership skills needed to address both persistent and emerging challenges in the sector.
Students in this program are either managing the day-to-day work of a nonprofit or are making strategic decisions, setting policy and helping set the organization's vision at various levels of leadership.
Certificate of Completion in Fundamental Management Skills
- professionals working in the nonprofit sector
- professionals working in a governmental or private setting who would like to work or volunteer in the nonprofit sector
- students without professional experience who seek to prepare themselves for nonprofit careers
Certificate of Completion in Nonprofit Leadership & Strategic Management
- nonprofit professionals new to senior management positions
- senior managers who have recently transitioned from the public or private sector and are new to nonprofit leadership
- nonprofit leaders who are facing new management and leadership challenges; leadrs include executive directors, department directors, board members, and key volunteers
Participants who complete all seven courses in one series can apply for and receive the corresponding certificate of completion. The completed application form for a certificate of completion, with a $50 non-refundable fee, should be submitted after taking the last class of the series. Printed, signed certificates of completion are mailed once processed.