Professional Communication Skills
Individuals most likely to be promoted and succeed have something in common: they are good communicators. They express ideas clearly and concisely; they listen actively; and they speak and write effectively.
Leading a team, giving a presentation, going into an interview, handing in that vital report...how many times have you wished your communication and leadership skills were stronger and more effective?
Strengthening your communication skills enhances your professionalism, personal presence, and potential for advancement.
About the Professional Communication Skills Program
Effective communication is recognized as crucial to enhance performance, both personally and professionally. Communication involves the whole range of ways in which people pass information or messages back and forwards in non-verbal, verbal and written formats. It includes the information they give and receive, how people make meaning of this information and how they use it.
Classes in the Professional Communication Skills program are designed for individuals who want to:
- Learn and practice principles essential to good oral and written communication
- Gain useful and pragmatic strategies for communicating in a variety of workplace situations
- Speak, write, and listen with increased confidence and competence
- Enhance leadership skills and opportunities for career promotion
- Develop personal presence and greater self-trust
- Learn in a supportive environment
What Participants Say
"Thumbs up for this course. I will definitely apply what I have learned to my daily life at home and work."
- Vicky Lei, Personal Analyst, SFO Airport Commission
"Benefitted greatly from today’s class and will apply techniques not just with public speaking or meetings but in regular day to day interactions with family, friends, and colleagues."
- Supriya, Research, Ultrageny
"It digs deep into your being and helps you be comfortable being yourself. It is totally life-changing. I would recommend to anybody who wants to discover their true voice."
- Cynthia Torres, Compliance Officer, City and County of San Francisco
"Dr. Hamilton is amazing. Public speaking's fear is never easy to fix. I've read so many books and none of them is as helpful as this few-hours class."
- Stephen Kwok, Software Developer, Magnet Systems
"To deal with my fear of public speaking, I've tried hypnosis (2x), a four-month class in cognitive behavioral therapy, betablockers, meditation, avoidance memorization, and none of that helped me nearly as much as this one-day class. I feel like I can face an audience and speak authentically today, tomorrow, and into the future."
- Amanda, Writer
"The tools learned in Dynamic Communicating: Presenting Your Best Self will benefit me for a lifetime. I highly recommend this class for anyone at any level."
- Tyrone Jue, Communications Manager, City & County of San Francisco
"Fearless Speaking is essential for anyone who wants to improve their communication skills. The learning experience is truly supportive, enabling each and every person in the class to have a positive experience."
- Marianne Y., Production Manager, ITVS
"If you've ever lost your voice, then Fearless Speaking is where you find it. The class provided a safe and secure environment to live through my biggest fear: public speaking. I'm so glad I took it. I will definitely recommend it to my friends and colleagues."
- Terrie Duong, program associate, James Irvine Foundation
"Fearless Speaking focused on the acquisition of essential skills that are not widely taught, such as learning to listen to your audience, and developing a sense of self."
- Michele Liapes, SF Public Utilities Commission