Academic Credit Certificate
The Digital Animation Certificate will prepare you for a career in today's leading animation studios by providing you with a targeted and innovative curriculum.
The curriculum combines the latest computer technology with a strong foundation in the principles of animation, as it was developed in consultation with animation industry experts from Pixar, PDI/DreamWorks and ILM. All of our instructors are top industry talent, too.
Combining classic animation principles with the latest technology, you will be working on animation projects from the very beginning. Through a variety of assignments you will produce multiple pieces for your demo reel, giving you a jump-start into the digital animation field.
Computer animation is a highly collaborative field, and animators should be able to interact with all co-workers in a constructive way. It is also crucial to have an understanding of both the artistic and technical aspects of 3D computer animation, to develop a spirit of inquiry, as well as good work ethics and communication skills.
Image by Alexander Adell, Instructor for Modeling/Rigging I
Limited financial aid is available for this program. For further information, see our financial aid section, and go to the SF State Financial Aid site. Students should start the financial aid application process as soon as possible. Note: You must be accepted to the program before financial aid will be awarded.
For Financial Aid questions, please contact 415.338.2765, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Data Disclosure:
The U.S. Department of Education requires that we disclose the information below for this financial aid-eligible certificate program.
- Occupations the Program Prepares Students to Enter: The Digital Animation Program prepares students for positions as Multimedia Artists and Animators (SOC code 27-1014). See the Occupational Outlook Handbook - Artists & Related Workers for details about these kind of positions.
- Program Cost: The total cost of the program is approximately $8,740 plus a $50 non-refundable application fee. There is an additional cost of $20-$50 for books and supplies per class.
- On-Time Completion Rate: There is currently no data available for this new program. Data is expected by July 2013.
- Job Placement Rate: There is currently no data available for this new program. Data is expected by July 2013.
- Median Loan Debt: Based on data from 2012-13, the median Title IV loan debt for financial aid students in this certificate program was $6,250 and the average Title IV loan debt was $6,850. No students incurred a private educational loan debt for this program in 2012-13.
Jin Kwon, lead character technical artist